Save Programs That Save Lives
Today, September 26, Americans all over the country are uniting in a national call-in day asking Congress to save poverty-focused foreign aid funding from devastating cuts in the 2012 international affairs budget.
Poverty-focused foreign aid represents less than one percent of the federal budget, yet each year, this small amount of funding:
- Feeds 46.5 million of the world’s most vulnerable people and children;
- Prevents more than 114,000 infants from being born with HIV;
- Provides 33 million HIV-positive people with counseling;
- Saves three million lives through immunization programs;
- Has helped bring safe drinking water sources to 1.3 billion people over the last decade.
Will you make the call?